[Qgis-developer] Re: Raster providers

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Mon Jan 10 03:36:44 EST 2011

Hi Radim

Nice to see you are making good progresses with raster redesign!

Please give the dev team a bit time to review all the changes. I'd like to
have a closer look at the code. However, it's my first day back at work, so it
could take a few days until I can give feedback.

Regards,
Marco

Am Samstag, 8. Januar 2011, um 20.26:24 schrieb Radim Blazek:
> Hi all,
> new raster providers are ready for testing. The work is not yet
> finished but all the old functionality should be available. Current
> status:
>
> - GDAL: on-the-fly reprojection via gdal warp, quite slow, I have not
> yet implemented the trick used in Mapserver Marco pointed me to.
> Please let me know, if you consider the speed at least acceptable for
> real work. The speed depends especially on output display size.
>
> - GRASS: all the old functionality is back, the data are provided
> instead of just a picture so that it is possible to assign a style in
> QGIS like it was possible with GRASS via GDAL, reprojection is not yet
> implemented
>
> - WMS: should work like before, the requested SRS does not yet follow
> current project projection
>
> Please test the raster providers branch and let me know about problems:
>
> svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/branches/raster-providers
>
> I would like to merge the branch to trunk and continue the work in trunk.
>
> Radim

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland