[Qgis-developer] Unknown CRS problem

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Tue Jan 11 04:31:53 EST 2011

> Not entirely correct. As QGIS works now, each new project
> starts in Lon/Lat WGS84. If I all my layers are in the same
> projected CRS I don't notice any problem *until* I want to
> measure something ;-(

True, your suggestion to add the possibility to set a default CRS for the map
would be useful.

There will always be problems at some point if the layers / map CRS are not
properly set. I just want to avoid more complications compared to the current
situation if this is not the case ( because it happens so frequently in
practice ).

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland