[Qgis-developer] Python scrpt to join attributes from DBF - ftools is very slow

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Jan 16 02:15:06 EST 2011

Yes, one option is to do this in a database. I do things like this in
spatialite all the time. Import your shp and your table then do a join
either temporarily as a view or make a new table.
SELECT * FROM shp JOIN table on shp.id = table.id

Enjoy,
Alex

On 01/15/2011 08:22 PM, Noli Sicad wrote:
> Yes, I tried MMQGIS. It did not work. It read the column names but
> not the data.
>
> Ftools is more robust than mmqgis, I think. It is just slow.
>
> I understand Ftools is in the process of being ported to C++ plugins.
>
> Noli
>
> On 1/16/11, Maurício de Paulo <mauricio.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think I've seen a plugin called mm something that had a join tool in the
>> repository.
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to join attributes from DBF file to shapefile and I find
>>> flools very slow to do this job.
>>>
>>> Here is the facts
>>> 1. DBF file is 44.8 Mb to be joined to shapefile
>>> 2. flools is working but only creating 2 Mb per 30 minutes on dbf file.