FW: [Qgis-developer] RE : Debugging QGIS Bugs

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jan 18 07:33:33 EST 2011

 Hi,

 I'd rather prefer to have this as a setting somewhere instead of being
 interrupted in the search by a popup. Just as in web applications, in
 regular applications popup windows should be avoided, if possible.

 I think this could be a setting/option that should be saved in the
 project file, either

 * per dataset
 * per column
 * project setting
 * global setting (already possible now)

 In one of the recent check-ins from yesterday or today, Jürgen Fischer
 added a setting in "Options" --> "General" --> "Representation of NULL
 values" which allows for arbitrary strings to mean "NULL". One can use
 NULL in his own language, or as a number -9999, or whatever one likes.

 I think you should use this setting for the NULL searches and don't ask
 the user each and every time he is searching for NULL. This setting
 doesn't change frequently, so I think it is ok as a global setting, or
 maybe also a per project or dataset/column setting which can overwrite
 the global setting.

 Just my two cents,

 Thanks for working on it!

 Andreas