[Qgis-developer] QtTest missing

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jan 18 09:46:21 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Patrice Vetsel <ubuntu at kagou.fr> wrote:

>     from PyQt4.QtTest import *
>   File
> "/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py",
> line 279, in _import
>     mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
> ImportError: No module named QtTest

> How can I install the module named QtTest ?

It should be part of your PyQt4 installation - how old is that?

Looking at Gatherer.py, it does this:

from PyQt4.QtCore import *
from PyQt4.QtGui import *
from PyQt4.QtXml import *
from PyQt4.QtTest import *

 so it's hard to tell if it does actually use anything from QtTest -
its the unit testing framework. Try deleting the QtTest import line
from that file, and also from GpsDaemon.py, and it might just work.
Possibly the author has just cut n pasted his default boilerplate
Python code for working with Qt.

 Hopefully you've got the rest of the PyQt4 stuff...

Barry