[Qgis-developer] QgsMapCanvas with Dimap data

John de Muller john.de.muller at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 11:01:45 EST 2011

Good day

I currently have some QgsRasterLayers without any metadata stored in the
image file itself. All the metadata (eg: coordinates, rows, columns,
crs, etc) is stored in an external Dimap (.dim) file. How can a pass
these coordinates (like the top-left corner of the layer) to
QgsRasterLayer or QgsMapCanvas so that the work with the real
coordinates and not the pixel values.

For instance: When I currently load the image, the coordinates QGIS uses
is the width and height (in pixels) of the image (eg: 800*600). I want
to adjust these values so that they represent real world coordinates
(with the metadata from the dim file).

I've found the the QgsRasterViewPort, but it seems like it is not
possible to set these values through QgsRasterLayer. Any kind of help
would be appreciated.

Thank you.
John