[Qgis-developer] dxf read

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Jan 26 03:13:25 EST 2011

Hi Paolo, Werner

Additionally to the version consideration, I'd suggest to keep the plugin in
the source until we have sound feedback from a few dxf powerusers.

Because matching dxf to GIS is difficult (multilayers, labels, different feature
types can be in one layer). So accessing dxf via OGR in QGIS might not be as
trivial as it seems. E.g. in QGIS we expect all the features in one layer to
be of the same shape type.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland