[Qgis-developer] Grouping toolbar buttons

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Jan 27 14:12:03 EST 2011

I agree and disagree. I think we should enable users to customize the
menus as they see fit. If that means offering a collapsed option for
space saving that would be nice, but sometimes you want some very
specific actions.

If we could offer a premade switch from current normal to "optimized for
space", that would be really neat. I wouldn't want to hide important
things from new users though. This might also make netbook and smaller
screen use better.

As for the refresh button, I do use it occasionally, but can't remember
exactly the context. While it would be nice to think we can get all the
render bugs out, there is always a chance of one and a refresh button is
a good way out.

Thanks,
Alex