[Qgis-developer] Re: forum.qgis.org

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Tue Jul 5 05:26:58 EDT 2011

Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011, um 09.38:22 schrieb Paolo Cavallini:
> Il giorno mar, 28/06/2011 alle 00.20 -0700, Pirmin Kalberer ha scritto:
> > gis.stackechange at least adds some quality to an old-school forum. I
> > like especially that you don't have to create another account and can
> > login with OpenID instead.

I've played a bit with gis.stackexchange and think it's really a good idea to
use it.
Instead of forum.qgis.org we could use
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/qgis
as starting point.

> Good point. I do not like (nobody likes it, I guess) having I do not
> know how many IDs to access the various parts of QGIS infrastructure
> (wiki, redmine, git, joomla, ...).
> Anybody interested in helping to develop a simpler solution?

IMHO there is no realistic solution with *one* login. Migrating forum and wiki
would reduce logins by one or two (depending whether the user has an OpenID
login). According to the docs, Joomla also supports LDAP logins
(http://docs.joomla.org/LDAP), so OSGEO logins could used there, too.

Regards
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions