[Qgis-developer] "Failed to load" while initializing vector layer

Pankaj Singh singh.pankaj.iitkgp08 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:15:21 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I am writing a PyQt Application which involves representing data on a GIS
map. Behavior of map canvas will be same as I did in this web application(
http://hcqm.alwaysdata.net/show-ratings/5/).

But I'm facing problems in loading the shape file for the state as error
occurs in line 132 of this code http://pastebin.com/3pKZpukV and following
lines are printed

Failed to load
<qgis.core.QgsVectorLayer object at 0x2b21a70>
not cool

I have tried different files but same error occurs each time. Please help me
in solving this

Thanking You

Pankaj Kumar Singh <http://www.iampankaj.in/>
3rd Year Undergraduate Student
Department of Agricultural and Food Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur - 721302

Phone - +91 800-123-1685
Skype - psjinx
IRC - ps_jinx