[Qgis-developer] Qwt now required?

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Wed Jul 13 19:04:04 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm using QGIS 1.5 embedded in a Qt application and I currently don't have
> Qwt installed on the system. I just download QGIS 1.7 and tried building it
> on my system, but it complained about QWT not being found. I read through
> the release announcements from 1.6 and 1.7 and neither of them mentioned
> that QWT was now required, but was that fact inadvertently left out?
> Thanks,
> Dave

I believe this may be a bug with the 1.7 Windows build. When I do the
following on Windows 7:

    Start Menu -> Quantum GIS Wroclaw -> Quantum GIS (1.7.0)

QGIS starts up fine. If I then pin QGIS to my taskbar and try to start it by
clicking on the icon, I get an error message:

    "The program can't start because qwt5.dll is missing from your
 computer."

So, try starting QGIS through the Start Menu and see if it makes a
difference.

-Charlie