[Qgis-developer] osgearth/globe - osg plugins?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jul 25 09:51:04 EDT 2011

On Jul 25, 2011, at 3:48 AM, Marco Bernasocchi wrote:

> Hi William,
> On 07/25/2011 03:11 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> I finally worked through OSG and osgEarth compilation on OS X and have the Qgis Globe plugin apparently working.  Now I'm working on bundling of osg/osgEarth in the application for distribution, and I have a couple questions.
>>
>> Does the globe plugin make use of any osg/osgearth plugins, and if so which?  Or is it transparent to globe and it can use any osg plugins?
>>

> as far as I can recall the plugins are transparent and we have no plugin specific code: "The OpenSceneGraph database plugin library osgDB automatically loads plugins on demand, using the extension of the file being loaded/saved to determine which plugin to load."
>> How does osg handle alternate paths for osg plugins, and does the globe plugin make use of this?  I guess it would have to something configured for compilation.

But, can an alternate osg plugin searth path be specified from osgEarth, or can this be added.  I can't bundle osg/osgEarth in the QGIS application if not, and must distribute a separate package like my other frameworks (though maybe others would be interested in that).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy