[Qgis-developer] QGIS Plugin - Ovals

uk52rob uk52rob at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 05:46:29 EDT 2011

Dear QGIS Developers,

I have long hoped for a plugin to create ovals based on a point layer. It
would ideally have the ability to select orientation in degrees, width and
length (with values contained in fields also available).

I notice that Pavol Kapusta created an excellent plugin called 'Rectangles'
in the contributed repo to do exactly what it describes, but has anyone
tried ovals?

I am not a python developer myself, so I am not used to the language.
However, if anyone is able to come up with a 'simple' (dare I say it)
plugin, or has created one before and it has not yet reached a repo, I would
be very grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks,

Rob