[Qgis-developer] From QGIS --> QGIS Mapserver--> Openlayers and Back

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 04:06:04 EDT 2011

Hi Andreas,

>  Or are you looking for an offline vector data storage that a webclient
>  can use, edit and sync back in at a later stage? If yes, then I don't
>  think there is a solution yet. You may want to experiment with SQLite in
>  the webbrowser, but at the current stage neither QGIS server nor QGIS
>  webclient is of help for that.

Yes, this is what I am asking. Offline Tile might not be doable in
Openlayes or Webclient. Vectors layer can achieve.

I got spatialite running in ipad simulator in Webkit. OpenLayers is
running in Ipad/iphone simulator. I got Geometry as WKT from SQL query
from Spatialite database. However, I have not done yet, the WKT render
in Openlayer SVG from these queries.

The idea is to save WKT Openlayer traces into Spatialite database and
render WKT (Geometry) from SQL queries in the Openlayer SVG map
canvas. Then synch Spatialite Database into PostGIS / Spatialite
server.

>  If you are just looking for a QGIS server that you can use to
>  experiment from a WMS client, you can use the services from
>  http://gis.uster.ch/ (see links to GetCapabilities files).

What would be the right WMS entry, similar to this below?

~~~~~~~
var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
  "OpenLayers WMS",
  "http://vmap0.tiles.osgeo.org/wms/vmap0",