[Qgis-developer] Preparing for the release announcement - plugin manager site

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Tue Jun 14 17:28:30 EDT 2011

> BTW, if nobody starts using the new plugin system we will never switch.

Ok, so let's make some decision :) If we are going to encourage authors to put
new plugins to the new repo, I should update all old installer versions and
actually we can move the existing plugins, instead of copying. I can see two
possibilities only:

1. Make the new repo valid for both qgis 1.x and 2.x. I'll update installers
in all qgises 1.x, so the authors can put updates to the new repo only and
don't care about outdated plugins in the old one.

2. Keep the new repo for qgis 2.x only and maintain plugins for qgis 1.x in
the old repository.

IMHO it doesn't make any sense to mix the two approaches and force authors to
update their plugins in both repositories.