[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] Sponsoring Development.

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Jun 19 03:33:26 EDT 2011

Il giorno dom, 19/06/2011 alle 09.05 +0200, Marco Bernasocchi ha
scritto:
> hi all, i remember having coming across a website where you could say
> "i pledge to give x money if other x peoples do the same".
> Unfortunately i can't remember the url, but it might be an idea to
> solve the cost sharing problem.

Yes, we have sent the links to a couple of services for this. We also
had a moderately successful initiative:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Bugs
The problems are IMHO:
- the cost for the estimate (it is sometimes cheaper to do the job than
to do the estimate)
- the administrative work for this (for very simple fixes, taking care
of payments and infrastructure can be heavier, and more boring, than the
fix itself)
- the reliability: we had (just one case) people promising money for a
fix, that was done quickly and effectively, and never paid.
Having said that, I agree that finding a simple and effective solution
for this would be important for the future of QGIS.
All the best.