[Qgis-developer] ESA Summer of Code In Space

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 29 08:04:14 EDT 2011

 one idea that comes to my mind which is missing in QGIS rasters:

 Support of resampling methods for the display of the raster data
 (bilinear,cubic,cubicspline,lanczos). Gdal supports these, but QGIS does
 not use them.

 QGIS currently only supports nearest, as far as I know, which results
 in very ugly display. It is the main reason I am still also using UMN
 mapserver next to QGIS server.

 Do you think that the ESA summer of code project could sponsor this?

 Andreas

 On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:48:18 +0200, Mayeul Kauffmann wrote:
> Hi,
> One of the main activity of ESA is earth observation (not Mars
> observation), so I believe any project focusing on satelite data
> (imagery or radar) could be sponsored.
> Mayeul
>

> Le mercredi 29 juin 2011 à 12:12 +0100, Barry Rowlingson a écrit :
>> Hi All,
>>
>>  the European Space Agency has announced a "Summer Of Code" project,
>> much like (but independent of) Google's SOC project:
>>
>>  http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2011/
>>
>>  just thought maybe someone out there has some spacey ideas for Qgis
>> -
>> perhaps a tool to load Martian DEMs from the NASA web site, or an
>> implementation of Martian Coordinate Systems or satellite
>> tracking...
>> The call for proposals isn't that specific (but it does say 'open
>> source' lots).
>>
>> Barry

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A