[Qgis-developer] .ui file for QgisApp

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 05:41:27 EST 2011

Hi devs

recently I wondered why we still have the whole QGIS app gui
construction (actions, menus, toolbars) in the QgisApp class. I
remember that in the early Qt4 days this was necessary since there was
no support in Qt Designer to create menus/toolbars. But nowadays it is
perfectly possible, so for me it makes sense to move that part of code
to a .ui file and use the usual setupUi() call for the main window.
That could save up to 1000 lines of code in the QgisApp class!

Any objections?

Martin