[Qgis-developer] geometryless tables

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 12:34:50 EDT 2011

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for the reply.
> Not that I know.   But what's the problem adding the layer with geometry and
> not to use it?
Well *technically* nothing, but what I'd really like is for it to show
up in the layer list as a table (i.e. with the table icon), and more
importantly, I don't want it to be rendered at all, especially if it
is a particularly complex layer (geometry-wise). Currently, if I do
manage to import a geometryless table via org, I get the exact
behaviour I describe here, which is good. Now I just want to 'ensure'
that this happens when I want it to. Anyway, I'll obviously have to
have a look at QgsOgrProvider a bit more...

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer
ISSP Doctoral Fellow