[Qgis-developer] GRASS plugin problems with vectors under Windows

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:10:44 EDT 2011

Hi all,

today I was reviewing my exercises I use to teach in QGIS courses and I
found that with qgis 1.6/trunk under Windows there are serious problems
with vectors operations like a simple v.in.ogr.

This is confirmed also by Paolo who gave a course last week and pointed
me to these problems.

I the spent a few hours today doing tests on XP/Seven with 1.6/trunk
installed with osgeo4w, 1.6 standalone and 1.5 standalone and the
results are resumed here

https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3646
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3648
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3650

The only usable version at the moment seems the 1.5 standalone, but I
can also confirm that a month ago at another course I didn't noticed the
problems described in 3648 and 3650 with qgis 1.6/trunk.

If the release of the 1.7 is going to be delayed I suggest also to
backport in 1.6/osgeo4w the fix of this bug

https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3602

as at the moment is likely that qgis 1.6/osgeo4w will crash during the
mapset creation process.

Under Linux it seems to work all fine.

cheers

-- Giovanni --