[Qgis-developer] rendering behavior options not available

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Mar 21 09:36:47 EDT 2011

On Mar 20, 2011, at 10:55 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> Here is a patch to allow that option to be set on OS X systems. It does not get at the root concern about unavailable items being present in the gui.

I'll give it a try.  I wonder if the resize issue mentioned is still present?

> And speaking of gui issues on OS X, can you confirm if the Help menu item is not showing up as the third item from the right in the menubar? That is so for me, but it should be the rightmost item.

Ugh, that's really recent.  I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything wrong in r15455 when we were looking at the speed issue.

> John
>
> On Mar 20, 2011, at 8:31 PM, John C. Tull wrote:
>
>> Hi William,
>>
>> I believe this all can be traced back to this:
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/changeset/8421
>>
>> Although I am not sure if that is true of the option to turn the on/off when loaded. I manually turned on the 'qgis.new_layers_visible' in the plist file and it seems to work fine.
>>
>> Ah, it appears that the "fix" for Mac rendering redraw problems was to disable the entire groupBox_5 in the qgsoptions.cpp file for Mac systems.
>>
>> John
>>
>> On Mar 20, 2011, at 6:12 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>>
>>> I wanted to test the recent [spatialite] loading speed issue by turning layers off before saving a project.  There is a QGIS render preference to turn on/off layers by default when adding them to a project, but it is greyed out (and checked on), along with the other render behavior options, # features to draw and render cache (unchecked).  I think it's always been greyed out as far back as I can remember.
>>>
>>> Why are these options present if they can't be changed?  Do I need to enable something in compilation?  Is it dependent on another option?  If they can't be changed at all, they shouldn't be shown in the application preferences.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the ____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war