[Qgis-developer] Australian Grid Datums (Ticket 3099)

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Wed Mar 23 19:26:13 EDT 2011

Hello,

Is it possible to get the following files included in the projections folder (/usr/share/proj or equivalent).
http://www.icsm.gov.au/icsm/gda/gdatm/national66.zip
http://www.icsm.gov.au/icsm/gda/gdatm/national84.zip

To work properly they need to be unzipped and renamed to agd66.gsb and agd84.gsb respectively.

They are licenced under the CC by A (Australia), as confirmed below, requiring only attribution to the ICSM.

This should then close ticket 3099 [1,2,3] and result in a bundle of happy Australians that would then roam across the country extolling how wonderful QGIS is :)

If they're too big to go in the distro, let me know and I'll rig some instructions into the wiki.

-ramon.
[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3099
[2] Something roughly like this has been added to the ticket
[3] If it ends up that we're having trouble getting resulting QGIS generated AGD shape files recognised in other GIS packages (to Brett and myself the .prj files look a little weird, and Brett is currently checking this out) then we should use a new ticket for that.

Begin forwarded message: