[Qgis-developer] Australian Grid Datums (Ticket 3099)

custard custard at westnet.com.au
Thu Mar 24 05:14:31 EDT 2011

----- "Jürgen E. Fischer" <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Ramon,
>
> On Thu, 24. Mar 2011 at 07:26:13 +0800, Ramon Andinach wrote:
> > Is it possible to get the following files included in the
> projections folder
> > (/usr/share/proj or equivalent).
> > http://www.icsm.gov.au/icsm/gda/gdatm/national66.zip
> > http://www.icsm.gov.au/icsm/gda/gdatm/national84.zip
>
> This should probably be better added to proj.4.  I've just added links
> to the
> frontpage[1].
>

> Jürgen
>
> [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/

Thanks Jürgen and Marco,

I know a little about QGIS (although a bit more every day), and less about proj.4.

It's now also in as ticket 101 (http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ticket/101).

Do all of the CRS definitions that QGIS uses derive from proj.4?
Would that include names of CRS that are used in prj files?

-ramon.
(user)