[Qgis-developer] QGis fTools

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Mar 25 23:56:17 EDT 2011

On 03/25/2011 08:46 PM, Jackie Woodruff wrote:
> I would like feedback on these ideas for fTools, and some information about
> what the current activity is with fTools.
>

> Documentation - Improve the ftools_help.xml files by filling in the 'inputs,
> parameters and additional information'.
>
> Plugins - Develop a plugin for fTools, based on suggestions from the fTools
> developers regarding what is currently needed/wanted.
>
> Vector Menu - Integrate existing plugins so they can become part of the core
> qgis plugins, included in the 'Vector' menu.
>
> Help Button - Add help buttons to each tool vector tool UI which link to the
> fTools help file.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Jackie Woodruff
>
> GIS Student - British Columbia Institute of Technology

Carson, would you be interested in mentoring Jackie for GSoC to work on
adding more stuff to ftools and improving things. Since ftools is your
baby you're probably the best qualified and this might be a good chance
to get your wishlist taken care of in addition to things mentioned in
the previous thread.

Thanks,
Alex