[Qgis-developer] Please vote: Proposed extension to 1.7 release schedule

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Mar 31 02:54:11 EDT 2011

Hi all

There has been some discussion on this list about extending the
release schedule for 1.7. The proposals are:

1) Continue with release schedule as is (aiming for mid-april release
announcement with branching on 7 April)

2) Extend the release schedule and lift the string freeze until after
the hackfest. We would then spend **a day** of the hackfest tidying up
QGIS 1.7 and then branch at the end of that day and finalise
translation in that branch while we continue to hack new features into
trunk for the rest of the hackfest. Planned tag for release would be a
week after the hackfest.

3) Extend the release schedule and lift the string freeze until after
the hackfest. We would then spend **all** of the hackfest tidying up
QGIS 1.7 and then impose a string freeze straight after the hackfest
with a planned branch for release a week later.

Please cast your vote and have your say.

My vote: option 3

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services