[Qgis-developer] Build problems in qgis1.7.0

Mert TAS mert.tas at gmail.com
Mon May 16 05:00:17 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to build the qgis1.7.0 from source on Windows. I am using VS
2005.
I followed the steps listed in "Building QGis From Source". When I start the
build
process with "RelWithDebugInfo" configuration settings it generates the
following errors:

1. When it tries to build the python plugings (fTools_tools,
GdalTools_tools, mapserver_export, osmplugin & plugin_installer)
in the qgis-trunk\build\python\plugins directory it gives the following
error for each plugin:

Error result 1 returned from 'C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe'

2. Also when building the "compile_python_files" project it gives the
following error:

A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event..."

When I remove the Command Line parameters in the compile_python_files
Project Properties -> Conf. Properties -> Build Events -> Post-Build Event
The above error dissapears. But is it true to remove these command line
parameters
(They are about cmaking various .py files)

What should I do to solve these build errors? All help will be appreciated.