[Qgis-developer] Re: World file and Georeferencer

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:54:43 EDT 2011

Manuel,
I use world files with rotation to have a fast albeit just
approximately georeferenced display of images
acquired by a little uav. Those that are really interesting are
further georectified, but for a
first overview the world files with rotation are very useful.

In this case the problem is different. We got a geotif image with
wrong georeferencing (including a rotation)
but being at a very high resolution, we did not notice it and went on
digitizing some interesting features over
the raster. In order to avoid repeating the digitizing, we wanted to
create the world file for the raster
and use the same matrix to warp the vector with Geoprocessing/Affine.

Agus

An example here:
https://sites.google.com/site/filestemp2/home/anye0179_1.jpg
https://sites.google.com/site/filestemp2/home/anye0179_2.jpg