[Qgis-developer] Plugin metadata in a text file

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:49:41 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that the metadata for the  plugins will probably change (and
> grow) over time, it would be probably a good idea to change the  web
> plugins app schema to handle metadata as denormalized
> key-values-pairs.

That's a possibility. The question is whether it would not be
sufficient to read the additional data from metadata.txt when
necessary.

> Martin: can you please give me a list of required metadata ?

Metadata required by QGIS are those listed in the first mail: name,
description, version, icon, qgisMinimumVersion. QGIS currently does
not use further items. Plugin installer/repository additionally uses
author's name. The "experimental" flag could be included in the
metadata, too.

Martin