[Qgis-developer] Database plugins

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Nov 12 04:01:18 EST 2011

Hi all.
The current situation of database (PostGIS and SpatiaLIte) plugin in
QGIS is complex, and extremely confusing for users.
We tried to summarize the current situation here:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Database
Our aim is to have one general purpose plugin, and include it in core
QGIS. We are committed to its long-term support.
I would like to ask plugin developers to join forces, and cooperate to
add all the useful functions to it. Of course nobody is forced to do it,
but I think it it in the interest of everybody not to duplicate work. Of
course in case of collaboration due credits will be given to everybody.
Please share your thoughts.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini