[Qgis-developer] More git troubles ...

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Nov 14 09:32:12 EST 2011

 so for now - until I find a better solution - I am git-ting on a remote
 server and rsync it to my machine within the employer's network.

 Not a very nice solution, but at least it works ...

 the "socat" solution described at
 http://sitaramc.github.com/tips/git-over-proxy.html did not work
 unfortunately.

 Thanks,
 Andreas

 On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:07:59 +0100, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> Something seems up with using the https:// version.
>
> too bad.
>
>> Try using git://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS.git [2] instead.  This
>> works on my end
>
> unfortunately the git protocol does not work on port 80/443 - it
> requires port 22 which I do not have open. Also, we have a proxy ...
>
> How I hate these proxy/firewall things ...
>
> I found these ideas:
> http://sitaramc.github.com/tips/git-over-proxy.html
>
> and see if it helps.
>
> Andreas