[Qgis-developer] Feedbacks about Qgis Server

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Nov 14 12:01:12 EST 2011

 Hi Kimaidu.

 Thank you for your constructive remarks.

 Many of the issues you raise here were also identified before or at the
 recent developer meeting. See also
 http://www.qgis.org/wiki/QGISWebClientIdeas

 The issue with the different scales are really annoying, so why dont we
 make the 96 dpi the default? Do you really think it is much slower? BTW
 - we already get 96dpi images, only OL seems to calculate the scale with
 72dpi. We even try to detect the dpi when loading the client. Not sure
 if this works properly ... Thanks anyway for the hint. I will test it.

 An improved GetLegendGraphics with user configurable sizes is already
 requested and will be a paid development/improvement from Sourcepole.

 GetCapabilities improvements: at the meeting we decided to use a web
 map context (similar to GetCapabilities) but more configurable to
 transport settings we want, e.g the initial layer visibility, etc.

 Thanks,
 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A