[Qgis-developer] "official" qgis users?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Nov 17 09:19:21 EST 2011

Hi

> I think I already mentioned I actually did the work for this before as
> part of a 'first run' wizard (which could also be launched from a menu
> I guess). Actually it just did the steop of adding the user to the
> users map, but the others can be accommodated in the same way I think.
> I am slightly afraid I threw the work away by accident somewhere but
> will try to dig it up and apply it to master.

Ok I managed to get the patch out of the closet and dust it off. Here
it is in my fork:

https://github.com/timlinux/Quantum-GIS/tree/welcome-wizard

You can test it by doing:

git remote add timlinux git://github.com/timlinux/Quantum-GIS.git
git fetch timlinux
git branch --track welcome-wizard timlinux/welcome-wizard
git checkout welcome-wizard

The user map page needs to have a separate view made just for the
wizard which excludes all the navigation stuff  (maybe Alessandro can
help with that?) so that the registration page fits more naturally
into the wizard. We can use the same technique to let the user
register with osgeo and do other things like show them news or
whathave you.

Once we have the server side sorted out I will merge to qgis master if
others are happy for me to do so...

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services