[Qgis-developer] backports for 1.7.3

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 03:30:18 EST 2011

I'm still not positive the error in the georeferencer that I reported
to the lists is actually an error
or my fault (I provided the layer and points and wait for feedback)
but in case it is an error, releasing with
such an error in the core (both in terms of code and in terms of
essential functionality) is
certainly detrimental for QGIS reputation.
Is there an standard  testbed that is run before releasing? I could
help by running
some of the standard tests before the new versions are actually
released. A team of
committed users (not developers so that the tests are independent)
would be very useful,
has this ever done or is it maybe routinely done already? For example,
was the georeferencer
tested by users prior releasing 1.7.2 ? I can imagine that as the code
becomes more complex, some changes
made in one part of QGIS could eventually affect other parts in ways
that were not foreseen by
developers (i.e., the georeferencer worked but a change on the
onthefly reprojection could have affected
the results of georeferencer).
Excuses if this is just too naive a comment.
Agus