[Qgis-developer] Project directory -or- where to store generated layers

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Sun Oct 2 07:29:13 EDT 2011

Hi Camilo,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Camilo Polymeris <cpolymeris at gmail.com> wrote:
> The input and output layers of modules are currently stored in the
> /temp directory or its windows equivalent. These files are, of course,
> not persistent between sessions.

the temporary dir is best option for the intermediary outputs, but
the last output(s) should be stored in a directory chosen by the user.

Asking to the user where store that files should be enough when
running the processing from a GUI, but a similar solution may be
adopted when calling the processing-framework API through
python (or even c++).

> The problem is that, as far as I know, QGIS doesn't provide something
> like a project directory. So what should the default path be? The
> current working path?

I think the output dir path should be either an input of the entire
process (e.g. a context variable when piping modules) or stored
in a plugin setting variable (as almost all the plugins do).

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Sucameli