[Qgis-developer] Approximate reprojection for vectors

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 03:25:29 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hm, I just see that UMN uses a normal select statement (not a binary cursor as
> QGIS does). Don't know if that could make a difference, probably something for
> me to test (the benchmark infrastructur should still be in place).

Just an experience from GRASS. Once, 'many' years ago, there was in
GRASS the possibility to use PostGIS as a backend to store geometry,
instead of in files. IIRC, first, obviously, we used binary cursor, to
make it more efficient, later we found that it is less efficient than
normal text cursor.

Radim