[Qgis-developer] New plugins web application

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Tue Oct 4 21:24:39 EDT 2011

Hi Alessandro,

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sayng that this new system is perfect but I'm asking myself
> why there is a so strong lack of interest for it.

IMHO there's only one really missing feature:
more integration between the plugin site and the Redmine trac.

Ok to keep each developer free to choose the preferred
tracking system, but I think that the plugin site should suggest
to create a new project on the Redmine.

Furthermore I'd like if in the plugin details page there's a link to report
an issue or just to go to the trac page (Redmine or whatever).

The plugin site will be the user interface of the "QGis plugins system",
so that kind of integration is required IMHO, it can do the difference!

Just my 2 cents.

> I feel that, even if it could certainly be improved, the new system is
> better than the old one and should replace it ASAP.

+1, I agree with you.

Regards.

> Thanks.
>

> 2011/10/1 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
>> Hi all.
>> Organization of the metting is starting. Please let us know if you need financial
>> help to participate, so we can work out a budget.
>> Please also help us soliciting potential donors and sponsors.
>> All the best.
>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
>> www.faunalia.eu