[Qgis-developer] Installed Qgis on Ubuntu - what do I do next?

Christopher Stark christopherstark at gmx.de
Mon Oct 17 06:40:05 EDT 2011

Hi Marco,

thanks for this. I downloaded the qgis-web-client.

I get this output:

http://localhost/qgis-web-client/index.xml

QGIS WebclientQGIS ServerOSGEO LiveNatural Earth
WMS Get Capabilities
Responsible: OSGEO Live maintainers

When I click on the links "natural earth" or wms get capabilities" there
comes an error page "not found".

Can you tell me how I display my qgis project file with this web-client?
I didn't understand their documentation.

best regards
Christopher

Am 16.10.2011 08:37, schrieb Marco Hugentobler:
> Hi Christoper
>
> As others pointed out, there are many WMS clients with a graphical interface.
> QGIS webclient provides a java script client adapted to the possibilities of
> QGIS server (e.g. web based printing is supported out ot the box).
>
> Source code and documentation are here:
> https://github.com/qgis/qgis-web-client
>
> Regards,
> Marco
>
> Am Samstag, 15. Oktober 2011, 18.43:07 schrieb Christopher Stark:
>> Hi Marco,
>>
>> thank you this works. Is there a more comfortable way of displaying a
>> map - with a web-frontend-page or do I have to type in every command
>> manually like this
>>
>> e.g.:
>> http://localhost/cgi-bin/world/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&
>> REQUEST=GetMap&BBOX=-36.215710,6.817432,-9.700450,58.551008&
>> CRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=1077&HEIGHT=552&LAYERS=Continent,Country,Cities&
>> STYLES=,,&FORMAT=image/jpeg&DPI=96
>>
>> It seems to be very complicated and time consuming to work like this (as
>> I'm a big GUI-fan)
>>
>> Best regards
>> Christopher
>>
>> Am 15.10.2011 16:25, schrieb Marco Hugentobler:
>>> Hi Christopher
>>>
>>> This error message shows that it works (you just did not make a valid WMS
>>> request). To publish your project, you need to give the file path to the
>>> .qgs project in the url and the wms request parameters.
>>>
>>> http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/me/myproject.qgs&
>>>
>>> is the WMS url
>>>
>>> http://localhost/cgi-
>>> bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/me/myproject.qgs&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetC