[Qgis-developer] adding python interpreter to QGis mapserver to expose analysis routines

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:00:31 EDT 2011

I imagine a plugin system, similar to Qgis Desktop, where every service is
discovered/registered if available in certain library paths.

For the Python side I see two features that could be supplied:

 - Provide a qgispython to the services that require it to run python
scripting. We can reuse a code very similar (the same?) as in Qgis Desktop
 - Design a Python interface to "control" the Server. This would permit to
write Python frontends to the server, and incorporate Qgis Server inside
Python server projects

giovanni