[Qgis-developer] Re: In the Postgis driver don't list schema without geometries

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:26:59 EDT 2011

 >are you sure it is not a permission problem? There are permissions
 >schema usage and on table, views, and more. If you don't have the
 >permissions, it won't be listed.
 >
 >Andreas

Hi,

I check my grant, its all ok.

Also I update to the 1a1f5eb.

But again I cannot see it.

More explain:

I can see all the tables without geometries.

This is my use-case:

I create a new schema
after this I create a single unique tables in this newly created schema.
This newly created table is without any geometry field.

After this I insert some records n this table.

After this,
I try to inquity the db using the
qgis postgis driver.
setting:

uncheck "only look in the geometry_columns"
uncheck "only look in public schema"
check "also list tables without geometries"
check "use estimated table metadata"

when I try to connect qgis list me another schema thata has many tables
with geometries and tables without geometries.

But this new created schema with the only one table is not listed.

However I see there more problem because
I notice that never the public schema was showed (it has no geoemtries
table in my db)

I notice also there is two checkbox named "also list tables with no
geometry".
One is in the "create new postgis connection" windows and the other is
in the "add postgis table".

Checking the checkbox in the "create new postgis.." do nothing.
Instead if I check the version in the "add postgis table" will do appear
the public schema.

Seem the checkbox "also no geometry tables" in the "create new
postgis..." windows do absolutely nothing.

However my newly create schema with only one table without geometry
never appair :)

Andrea.