[Qgis-developer] API proposal: fetching of features

luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it
Fri Oct 28 02:01:14 EDT 2011

Martin Dobias wrote on 27/10/2011 19.07.43

> What do you think? I would like to gather your opinions - is it
> good/bad/complex/inefficient/nonintuitive/verbose/...?

+1, .select() and derivates are, maybe, the most important function and
it's crucial that they must be optimized.
Using them in python is really slow on large datasets.

I would like to have this simple (and optimized) function:

    layer.selectOIDS ( extent ) -> returns an array of OIDS (integer),
fetching only one field

and then I use:

    layer.fetchAttributesByOID ( OID ) -> returns an array of attributes