[Qgis-developer] "forward transform of..." error

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 08:16:04 EDT 2011

Hi all,

seems to me that in qgis-master (and also in 1.7.1 I think) there is a
regression/bug that leads to have this error to pop up very easily

forward transform of
(-2202.92, 369.213)
failed with error: latitude or longitude exceeded limits

try for example open a new project in WGS84 (no OTFR) and add a raster
in a projected CRS.

The error pop ups when the mouse passes over the canvas, so it is
useless to click "ok" as it continue to pop-up, unless dragging it out
of the canvas, then enter the project properties and set the project CRS
as the layer CRS or by enabling OTFR?

Is anyone else seeing it? I can replicate on both Linux and Windows.

cheers

-- Giovanni --