[Qgis-developer] Re: generalizer

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Sep 4 12:13:19 EDT 2011

Il 04/09/2011 17:54, p0cisk ha scritto:
> I will try to support polygons in one of the future release. Now I'm adding
> batch mode and new algorithms.

Thanks for this.

> I don't see anything goes wrong with Chaiken's alg. Bigger 'weight' value
> will band lines closer to vertex nad 'level' param sets number of iterations
> of algorithms (more iter's -> more vertexes and smoother lines).

I see. However, results are different from GRASS; I tried e.g. with:

v.generalize input=t_fiumi_principali at PERMANENT type=line layer=1 -c method=chaiken
threshold=1.0 look_ahead=7 reduction=50 slide=0.5 angle_thresh=3 degree_thresh=0
closeness_thresh=0 betweeness_thresh=0 alpha=1.0 beta=1.0 iterations=1 layer=1
output=fiumi_chaik_1_grass

GRASS smooths lines more, whereas your plugin is much closer to oringinal line.
All the best.