[Qgis-developer] Qgis custom buil to read obfuscated data

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Fri Sep 16 02:42:08 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 08:53:50PM -0400, John Patterson wrote:

> I'd say that encryption is the answer here - hang the security on the key
> rather than the code.

I think that this is not the case depicted by Giovanni; if I
understand well he wants to prevent the letitimate user (which
receives the datasets) from using them freely.

This is a sort of tivoization [1] on software + data.

Encryption prevents the use of data only from the non-legitimate
users.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tivoization

--
Niccolo Rigacci