[Qgis-developer] GRASS provider issue on OS X needs attention

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:22:17 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM, William Kyngesburye
<woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
> Even so, it's not really an OS X problem - it's more of a conceptual problem: PROVIDERS AND PLUGINS ARE NOT SHARED LIBRARIES.  It just becomes a problem on OS X because it is enforced by the system dynamic loader.  The solution is not OS X specific, so we don't need to sit around waiting for a Mac developer to fix it. (I'm not a C++ programmer, I just know enough to tinker and cause trouble ;)

I believe that could be fixed relatively easy. The GRASS provider code
could be all moved to the existing shared library qgisgrass and only
provider identification and loading functions would be kept there.
(But currently I have no time to try it)

Martin