[Qgis-developer] Benchmarking / optimization

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 07:00:59 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 06/04/2012 08:38, Radim Blazek ha scritto:
>> Live benchmarks: http://www.mpasol.it/blazek/qbench/ .
>> Currently it is updated every 20 min. Unfortunately I don't have any
>> server which could be dedicated to it permanently. If anybody can
>> offer a free server, I can migrate it.
>
> Great job Radim, thanks a lot!
> What are the requirements for the server?
> Can we host it on one of the qgis machines?

To get comparable results, the benchmark must be run on a computer
with no or little other load (Linux kernel counts process switching
overhead in process time) and CPU parameters must not change
frequently (all the data collected are relative).

The requirement would be a dedicated time (1-2h per day should be
sufficient) on a server with 2 CPU/cores (the second for database in
case of db providers).

Radim