[Qgis-developer] mmqgis plugin broken?

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Fri Apr 6 16:32:38 EDT 2012

Hi Giovanni,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Giovanni Manghi <> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 09:35 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> > Hi all.
> > After upgrading, I'm now getting:
> > 'module' object has no attribute 'classFactory'
>

> confirmed, we already noticed the author.
>

> > Any hint?
>
> manual installation works.

I think this is a module conflict with the new SEXTANTE plugin. I got the
same error when trying to install mmqgis, only *after* I had SEXTANTE
installed. SEXTANTE's mmqgis module was already loaded and does not have an
__init.py__ file with the PyQGIS classFactory function, etc.

Since the plugin installer (and the qgis.util module) function off of what
has been imported into sys.modules to load a plugin, the SEXTANTE module
fails to load as an independent plugin. I think maybe one of the plugins
should renamed.

I noticed the duplicate module problem when my Plugin Editor plugin refused
to navigate to the mmqgis install directory, showing the mmqgis dir of
SEXTANTE instead.

There is also another error with the mmqgis plugin[0]. I'll contact Michael
Minn about this as well.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography