[Qgis-developer] GEOS geometry from QgsGeometry with the Python API?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 18:06:31 EDT 2012

> Right, it would need some kung-fu across QGIS-GEOS python bindings. It
> was never really a top priority for me since QgsGeometry exposes the
> most important GEOS geometry algorithms.

I would like to extend it, to include the linearref methods exposed by the
C API:
 - GEOSInterpolate
(- GEOSInterpolateNormalized)
 - GEOSProject
(- GEOSProjectNormalized)

and other buffer methods like GEOSSingleSidedBuffer

That's probably the easiest thing right now. Internally, QgsGeometry
> is by default stored in WKB anyway.

For now I will use the geos_c lib throug ctypes, but supporting some more
GEOS C/API methods directly from C++ would remove a lot of overhead and
would speed up performance, obviously.

giovanni