[Qgis-developer] Python plug-in development question

Thornhill, Gillian g.thornhill at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 03:54:41 PDT 2012

(I hope this forum is OK for questions regarding Python plug-in development, if not, please direct me to the appropriate place).

I am trying to draw simple boxes in a vector layer, labelled according to a user selection. I would like to set the colour of the boxes I draw in Python, but I can't find the correct way to do this via the API docs (i.e. is it a layer property, a feature property, something else ?).
If someone could point me to the right documentation, that would help.

Also, I looked at using QgsFillSymbolLayer, but I am stuck on understanding how to get the RenderContext for this (working from the example in the PyQGIS documentation - is there a fuller example I can look at ? (I've not found one yet).

Thanks.

Gill Thornhill.