[Qgis-developer] Its Test Friday!

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Fri Aug 17 15:53:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Salvatore Larosa <lrssvtml at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> 2012/8/17 Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com>
>>>
>>> Title says it all really :-) How about adding one teeeny tiny python
>>> test and make the world a better place :-) Pull requests with tests
>>> will be gratefully accepted. If you are terminally lazy you can even
>>> copy and paste code from Martin's QGIS python cookbook into your test
>>> :-)

Well, I didn't really write any tests today. However, I did work on a
couple of problems when running tests on Mac [0]. Now all the tests
appear to be working as expected (regardless of whether they pass or
fail), except the PyQGIS ones.

This fixed a failure for any call to qgscoordinatereferencesystem.cpp
that used the srs.db, which couldn't be found. I wonder why those
didn't show as a failed test?

I have one remaining test issue on Mac. I was able to override
QGIS_DATA_SUBDIR for the CMake tests (see tests/CMakeLists.txt edit),
but couldn't find a way to do it for the PyQGIS tests.

How can QGIS_DATA_SUBDIR be overridden for PyQGIS tests? I tried
putting the code that works for CMake tests in the following files, to
no avail:

tests/src/python/CMakeLists.txt
cmake/UsePythonTest.cmake

[0] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/07e3c16c634866eb8186cc156f74771cf057fe86