[Qgis-developer] Sextante - OTB plugin and SAR data in Mac OS X

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Tue Aug 28 01:56:45 PDT 2012

Hi William,

We are not losing much when using the command line interface.
Using the OTB-Python wrappers we could have a better progress reporting,
but it is minor.

On the other hand, we run into packaging/dependencies hell when trying
to link Qgis and OTB together.
With the current state of the gdal package on some platform
(debian/ubuntu), it would crash.

Also, we are clear of potential licensing issue (compatibility between
cecill and gpl licence) with this setup.

So let's say it is a good solution for now...
Victor might have more arguments on this.

Best,
Julien